Thursday, November 13, 2008

Ginger Smiles

My proverbial pen isn't racing across the screen as I post this particular blog. In fact, I've stared into the static drone of this screen until all is a white blurry haze as I sink into the images burned into my brain...
It wasn't so much Ginger's "wound" that has me fixated. Although it was outrageous and infected, it could have been sooooo much worse. There are those like her whom meet their death under circumstances far worse than the wound she carried.
However, what struck me about Ginger was her spirit... Here is a dog who clearly was thought of as nothing more than an inanimate piece of property and has the scars to prove it. Yet, she smiled and danced and showed us love as though we were nothing other than worthy of it....
My words will do no justice tonight to convey the essence of Ginger's beautiful soul. Her display of unconditional love is humbling and a lesson we all should take to heart.


No comments: