Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Where did the Time Go????

I can't believe that my last post was back in November. So much has happened in the 4 months that have passed that I'm not sure where to begin with an update.
Well, first, I suppose a Happy Belated Birthday to H.A.L.O. is in order!! H.A.L.O. celebrated its very first birthday on New Years Eve. It's almost unimaginable that a year and two months ago H.A.L.O. was merely a passionate dream. Now, we're moving at a speed that's hard for me to keep up with. I've learned the value of Facebook when it comes to quick updates and picture uploads of rescues and such. (Notice the Facebook link on the top right). I've lost count of the rescues that we've done since November. Everything from rescuing wild birds with the help and training of Liz Vreeland (expert bird rescuer), to helping more dogs and cats that had found themselves in predicaments that needed a helping hand or two, has filled all the nooks and crannies of the time passed. I've uploaded alot of pictures on the Facebook page and organized them into albums. I also started the H.A.L.O. Cause on the Facebook website. It's a tool designed to showcase different causes that people can join and support. So far we're 125 members strong and growing every day!!
In addition, some of you may or may not be familiar with a magazine called The Gulf Coast Dog. H.A.L.O. has been very blessed to have garnered the support of the owners. We will be one of their feature articles in the upcoming summer issue!!! I'll definately spread the word when it's ready to hit the shelves. In the meantime you can check them out at www.thegulfcoastdog.com
It's a great magazine!! Did I mention that it's FREE at select locations?!! Check their website to see where you can pick up a copy.
Not sure if I had already mentioned this or not, but I've succesfully started a Pre-Veterinary Organziation at USF Saint Petersburg. I'm honored to say that the university is sending me to the National Pre-Veterinary Symposium in Champagne, Illinois to respresent our campus! I am beyond excited at such an incredible opportunity to meet fellow vet students and engage in educational settings led by leading experts in veterinary medicine. I'll definately be posting a blog about this experience so watch for it.
This past weekend, I was enrolled in a class taught by Healing Touch for Animals. this class focused on the energy systems (chakras) of animals and how balancing techniques can be used to aid an animal in a plethora of situations, particularly animals that have experienced emotional and/or physical trama. It was a wonderful experience. The techniques will undoubtedly be beneficial to the animals that find themselves in our care. If you're interested in learning more about this education visit www.healingtouchforanimals.com
Speaking of time flying....I started the vet school application process tonight!! Once accepted, the countdown begins for January 2010. Only TEN MORE MONTHS before I leave for Veterinary School. I can hardly believe it.
Well....I'll be sure to narrow the gap in between posts. Thank you so much for all your support and encouragement. Please join the H.A.L.O. Cause on Facebook! It's proving to be an invaluable tool to spread the word about our mission.
Talk to you soon. :)

No comments: